Maxonrow is organizing its first-ever MAXathon, an online hackathon from September 5 to October 3, 2020, wherein blockchain experts, developers, and other tech enthusiasts will reimagine the use and applications of blockchain for health and sanitary solutions in response to global challenges propagated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The challenge categories include;
- Geolocation: How can we create a 'contact tracing' or 'social distancing' solution that can be quickly adopted by over 60% of a country's population?
- Health Status: Apart from test results, governments have no way of verifying if a patient has had COVID-19 and is virus-free. Help us build a solution that can help governments quickly retrieve verifiable data.
- Welfare: How do we improve the process flow between businesses and the government during a pandemic? Can we eliminate intermediaries to lower transaction costs, while providing transparency to beneficiaries of welfare programs?
- Social Networking: To ensure everyone’s safety, we need to maintain physical distance; how can we use blockchain technology to navigate this change?
- UI/UX & Data Analytics: There are many data representations of the current pandemic. How do we present a holistic multi-dimensional dashboard with unique features powered by blockchain technology?
Participants must submit their project on the challenge platform before September 30, 2020. After all submissions have been reviewed, 20 teams will be selected to attend the Demo Day on October 3, 2020, at which time they will pitch their solution to the final jury.
The winning team of each track will be rewarded with €3,000.